The LA County Department of Public Health has presented these answers to frequently asked questions about the Zika Virus Disease.
- Zika spreads to people mostly by mosquito bites. It’s found mainly in Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Mexico.
- Avoid mosquito bites if visiting areas known to have this disease.
- Mosquitoes in LA County currently do not spread this disease.
- Pregnant women infected with Zika may be at risk of having a baby with birth defects.
- There is no medicine or vaccine to treat or prevent this disease.
More answers below…